CuteHotspot 2.2 is released.
Date: 19 Aug 2009.
Key new features
You can now limit Internet bandwidth usage for every customer terminal.
Depending on a pricing package, a bandwidth limit can be 64, 96, 128, etc. kbps or unlimited.
Wi-Fi white list
Specify wireless billing exceptions: website names or terminal IP/MAC addresses.
You can add your employees' laptops addresses here so that they have free access to the Internet.
It makes sense to specify your network printers IP addresses as well so that wireless billing doesn't stop printing.
Top-up and ticket receipts
Print a receipt when you top-up a customer account, sell a ticket or extend a session.
Minor improvements and bugs fixed
- Options. Change currency sign
- Logouts list (instead of open sessions list)
- Taxes. All prices and amounts include taxes
- Receipt. Sale date section
- Performance improvements
- Sales. Allow negative quantity
- Ticket top-up. Display customer as transaction owner
- Tickets recover: administrator only
- Display full redirect (domain + document + params) on the status page
- Sale window. Display prices + tax
- Sales report. Display shift operator
- Rename main menu > View > Shift report -> Daily report
- Hide private pricing packages on the customer window from non-Admin users
- Display pricing package ID (main menu > Setup > Pricing)
- Session & New session windows. Display terminal name in caption
- Auto-close sessions option: any pre-paid by default
- Add time/money doesn't work well with decreasing pricing table
- Server doesn't delete a wi-fi terminal when a session ends
- Shift end_fact becomes NULL. Causes startup exception
- Pause session doesn't work well with post-paid time limited sessions
- URL log. URLs with more than 1024 characters corrupt the database
- Setup fails on 64-bit Windows versions
- Setup doesn't add firewalls exceptions on Vista
- Vista. Restart server doesn't work